Sunday, September 16, 2012

Back on the "train" gang...

Hello and welcome back...to me!

The blog had a big time slow down in the last few months after baby Matt was born. It's been a really great 9.5 months since he was born. Sure there have been ups and downs but I'm truly blessed with a wonderful and incredibly hard working husband, a funny and sometimes pain-in-the-ass-but-totally-loveable toddler, and a bubbly sweetie of a baby boy.

Here we are on our most recent vacation to Ocean City, NJ.

We've had some life changes too. I'm no longer a stay-at-home mom. John was laid off in March and while he builds up his business (Bulldog Marketing & Sales) which, by the way, is doing awesome, I'm working as a financial writer for an asset management firm that I worked at before I had kids. It's a great gig with a ton of flexibility so it still lets me teach the Mommy and Me class at our local Catholic School and work from home sometimes too. It's been a pretty easy transition though at times while I'm at work I find myself feeling down and missing the boys. It just makes the weekends and our vacations that much more precious!

Now to running. I'm doing it! And I'm signed up for the WDW Marathon! I'm four months away from doing something I never thought I'd be able to do. But after completing the Princess Half in 2011 I truly feel that I can do this. I don't care if it takes me 7 hours to do it but I will! I'm currently on week 11 of the 28 week Jeff Galloway training program. He even calls it a training program for people whose goals are to finish in the upright position. That's me!

Training so far has had its ups and downs - really, what doesn't these days?? Last weekend I ran in the Bronx 10 mile race and It. Was. Horrible. Terrible. No Good. But at least I got that medal and learned a little about what it's like to run and really feel sick. I redeemed myself this morning and ran an awesome 11 miles! It took me about 30 seconds less than 2 hours. I'll take it. 

I'm glad to be back to blogging. This again will be my journal of training with some sharing about my love of Disney. We head to Disney this Saturday for a week and we're all looking forward to it!!

And like a true mom, this entry will be cut short because I can smell a very stinky diaper that needs changing!

Workout today: 11 miles 1:59 min. 10:53mm pace
Next workout: 4 miles on Tuesday
Day til Marathon: 119

No comments:

Post a Comment