Monday, November 15, 2010

Does the universe hate me?

Ok long story short....Friday my finger started swelling. Thought it was a bite or something.  Then my hands and my feet and my left knee started to look a little puffy. And I was itchy. Took some Benadryl and went to sleep.  Woke up Saturday morning and my hands and feet and knee were huge balloons.  My throat felt a little tight too. I drove myself to the ER and wound up there all day. I got an IV of Benadryl and a steroid and the swelling never went down.  They even called a rheumatologist down because they thought I might have rheumatoid arthritis. Looks like I don't (thank the LORD!).  I went home still puffy.  Yesterday I was much better. Today I woke up and my lips and eyes were swollen.  I felt ok though.

Fast forward to Mommy & Me and all of a sudden my throat started to feel tight.  Considering how swollen my hands had been on Saturday I got scared.  My uncle drove me to the ER where I got a shot of Benadryl.  I felt better almost immediately.  I felt pretty silly for going to the ER for a medicine I had at home but I guess you can't be too cautious when it comes to a possible allergic reaction.

I have no clue what the problem is.  Allergy? They don't know.  Boo.

Tomorrow I go to the Sports Medicine Foot doctor. 

When it rains it pours, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment