Monday, February 7, 2011

Bib #8103!!

It's almost here!! I got my bib number today! 8103. Sounds as good as any number to me! I think the number of runners is somewhere around 14,000 so I'm guessing that I'm not in the last corral. Sure, it may be second to last but I like the idea of not being last. The sweepers who stop runners who are going to slow frighten me. I really don't want to get swept! They are sweeping if you don't maintain a 16 min/mile pace. I have been running (ok, it's not running, it's more like something between a jog and a walk...a wog) at about a 11:30 min/mile but I like the extra time cushion in case disaster strikes and I need a bathroom break or need to walk more or, hey, I just HAVE to get that picture with Chip and Dale.

Yesterday I ran 6 miles. I actually ran into (literally, lol) one of the moms from Mommy & Me class who runs as well. I had been running for about 30 min already and we ran together for about 20 minutes.  I have to admit, it was awful. Don't get me wrong, I love this woman. LOVE! But she is so darn fast and SOOOO darn in shape! My legs felt like lead and I just know she was running so much slower than she normally does. After a while we split up since she lives a bit away from me and I finished up my 6 miles. It was really bad. I felt really crappy. I am still struggling with eating and drinking way too much lately (after Disney I pretty much haven't stopped) and it's making the runs pretty rough.

I'm hoping the weather holds out this week as there has been talk of even more snow. I would like to run 8 miles as my next long run next weekend. Then after that I'll run 10 miles and then after that is the big half marathon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo!! It's getting so close and it sounds like you're doing great! I can't wait to hear your race report!

    ReplyDelete