Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The weather is playing games with me!

Monday was gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous! My friend's daughter was supposed to come over to watch Thomas so I could run but she wound up going home from school sick with a cold. Ick.  It was so nice that day so I figured I would just take Thomas out in the jogger. Mistake! I took him in the jogger and made it half a mile down to Maritime College before I had to turn back.  The wind was insane! I could barely control the stroller. Bummer.

Yesterday John had meetings in the city so he was able to get home by 4pm which was great! I left him with Thomas and went out and ran as soon as he got home.  I did my usual 4 mile short run and unfortunately I felt like poo the whole time. Still, I wound up finishing it pretty strong. And when I looked at my MapMyRun app I saw that I completed with with a 9:55 min/mile pace! Wow! Hey, for me that's pretty fast! My long runs tend to be at a 11-12 min/mile pace so it was nice to see an improvement in SOMETHING after all this running!

Tomorrow I hope to get out and do another 4 miler.  My friend is supposed to come up and visit and I might pawn Thomas off on her for about an hour. And this weekend I'm going to do one last 10 mile run before next week's 13.1!!

It's getting so close! Time to start thinking about what I'm going to pack! I'm hoping to make it down for the weekend with just a backpack. I think I can do it! I'm not planning on wearing any sort of  costume. That's just not me. I'll wear my usual running clothes. My goal is to finish this thing - I don't give a hoot about how I'll look doing it! Haha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment