Sunday, February 13, 2011

T-minus Two Weeks!!

Two weeks from today it'll all be over! I can't believe it's so close! Yesterday I ran an 8 miler. It started off really cold but I felt pretty good! It was nice to for ONCE  not feel like stopping as soon as I started. I ran pretty well and wound up finishing the 8 miles in a little less than an 11 min/mile. That gives me plenty of time to finish within the time limit! Sure, I'm not breaking any records but I'm ok with that.

I'm a little nervous about the fact that the longest run I've ever done has been 10 miles. That's not a whole lot. "They" say that the adrenaline will get you the last 3.1 miles and I'm hoping that's right because after I finished 8 miles I was exhausted and couldn't imagine doing another 5 miles. I am planning on running 10 miles next weekend and then the next weekend will be race weekend! It means I won't be doing any tapering but I think that that's more important for the full marathon anyway.  I really feel like seeing all those people running this race with me will keep me going. That, and my iPhone. Lol! My iPhone is what I use to play music and also has an app on it that tells me how far I've run. I might use that app during the race. I will obviously know how far I'm running but since I've been running with that app for so long that it might be nice to hear it tell me how far I've gone and how long I've been running.

Tomorrow is a short run. Looks like it's supposed to be a little warmer this week! Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment