Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dear Body, Why do you hate me so??

I don't know if it's my body or my brain that I should hate. Really. So I finally get some motivation to get my butt in gear and get out and run. Nice! Right? Well why oh why must I sabotage myself by eating crap nonstop? I just love food. I LOVE IT! I love cooking it, I love looking at it, I love taking pictures of it, and most of all I love eating it. In large quantities. My brain knows that in order to run well, lose weight, and be healthy I need to eat better and stay away from the cookies, candy, goldfish crackers, etc etc that I cram into my mouth every day during naptime. But my hand still reaches for the food! But the brain signals the hand to move. DAMN YOU brain!! I need to come up with a plan. A meal plan.  Before I was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance I gained about 40 lbs in THREE months.  After tons of tests and receiving my diagnosis I went on metformin (a diabetes medication) and went on a strict diet to try to lose that weight.  I did it so I KNOW what needs to be done to lose. And since I still am insulin resistant/pre-diabetic, I should really stay away from the crap. And yet, I still eat it. Bad.

Moving on, I had two great exercise days (even though I went up FOUR pounds in the last couple of days). I took a break from running yesterday but did the elliptical in the morning for half an hour (as long as my teething son would stay in his crib fighting sleep) and after he went to bed I got back to the aerobics class that I used to do every Monday and Wednesday.  It was SO great to be back and see all the women who are still going. I even got a couple of nice you-lost-weight compliments which I loved.  Also, it gave me a chance to show off some pictures of my boy! What mom doesn't love that? We did some step aerobics followed by a weight workout. Shoo! It was great.  And you know what? I did really well and I'm sure it's because of the running. Even with the weight gain I KNOW that I'm in pretty darn good shape.

This morning I was able to do my "short" run without the jogger since John didn't need to leave for work until 9am.  I managed to run 4 "quick" miles and felt pretty great the whole time.  This weekend's long run according to the runDisney plan is only 4 miles but since I've already gotten my mileage up above that, I'm planning on trying to go for 8 or 9! We'll see. I'll have to map something out.

Until next time, I'll be trying to tape my mouth closed to keep the food out! ;)

Workout: 4.1 miles
Time: 41 minutes
Next up: Some sort of cross training tomorrow followed by a long run (8 or 9 miles) Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment