Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm Still Here!

Hi all! I'm still here. Just slacking a little on...well...pretty much everything! I HAVE been running but not as many days as I normally do.  I've been busy with taking over as one of the leaders for the Mommy & Me class. Who knew I'd be so busy putting together crafts!

Anywho, I started the official training for the Princess Half on Tuesday.  That plan has only two short runs during the week and a long run on the weekend.  I ran three short runs this week though.  I feel like two short runs just aren't enough for me. Believe me, I'm not one to WANT to run yet. But I feel like two won't be enough to keep me going.  That being said, my short runs totally sucked this week.  I don't know what it is but I've been feeling pretty horrible during my running.  My runs were only 2, 4, and 3.5 miles which by now I should be able to bang out with no problem, right? Wrong. I've felt like absolute poo.

John was able to take a comp day from work today which was great.  I then was able to get out and do a long run without Thomas in the jogger.  Since I hadn't had a real long run in two weeks, I knew I wouldn't be hitting any new mileages. Plus, my short runs were pretty crappy so I didn't want to get too crazy on the long run.  I felt like crap the whole run. I mean seriously, the whole run. It was cold and windy today (well, cold compared to what it's been lately). I started off at a 10 min/mile pace which actually is pretty good. But very soon after the first mile or so I dropped to an 11 min and then even a 12 min per mile pace. Blech. I wound up doing 7 miles. And it took a LONG time.

Best part of this whole week of running is that it's over. You know what I think the problem is though? Nutrition. I've been eating like crap and I'm SURE that's translating to crap running. I have always had a hard time eating right. I need to find a plan to follow.  Any one have any suggestions?

On a completely different note, I'll be in Disney again in 50 days! Woot! This time it's just me and Thomas.  Can we say, totally different experience??? I think we'll have a good time. Thomas is such a good boy and even if he had a meltdown every single day...at least we'd be in Disney! And I can reward myself for a "tough" day with a Mickey bar :)

Workout: 7 miles
Time: 1hr 18min
Next up: I think I'll rest tomorrow and shoot for another long-ish run on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment