Friday, October 8, 2010

No big run today

I woke up today really not wanting to go out and run. It's a gorgeous day and perfect running weather but this whole gash on the shoulder thing is really bothering me.  I decided to get out and go and put a bandage on the shoulder. It felt pretty ok so I headed out.

After a little less than 2 miles, I really felt pretty bad. Just...tired. And my stomach was bothering me (aka I had to GO) so I decided to head home. 

I wound up doing a 5k which actually isn't so bad. I ran for about 32 minutes.  And hey, according to Jeff Galloway's RunDisney Princess Training Plan, I only need two 30 min runs during the week to prepare for my long run on the weekend. So, I still feel pretty good about my running this week. Sure, it was only twice but it's still two more times than I would have done just a few short months ago.

Looks like I won't be able to get a long run in this weekend though.  John is STILL away on business and I just can't do long runs with that jogger.  I might try to see if my aunt or someone can watch Thomas for a while so I can run.  Thing is, I like to run first thing in the morning (before I can get a chance to psych myself out) and seeing as it's the weekend, I think most people will want to sleep in (and/or recover from being out the night before!).

Oh and the shoulder? Still hurts.  And it's really ugly.  I need to find something to hold these bad boys up and not cut the crap out of my skin!

Workout: 3.1 miles
Time: 32ish minutes
Next up: Dunno, but I'll at least do 4 with Thomas in the jogger.

1 comment:

  1. Try Moving Comfort. They make great bras for all sizes. Check them out on the web, and search for a store near you, as fitting them right is crucial! Good luck! Keep running, and don't get down....it will all be fine. Always remember we don't always fit the "cookie cutter" training plan. You have to be able to adapt as life come into play. You are doing quite well!

    ReplyDelete