Thursday, September 2, 2010

And on Thursday, she rested...

Ah, glorious rest day.  After yesterday's brutal run, I'm very happy to take a day off from the grind today.  It's going to be another hot one today and I have to remember to drink enough water.  Yesterday I got a TERRIBLE headache in the afternoon. I think it was because I was a little dehydrated.  Not sure. It kept getting worse and started turning into a migraine.  There's this homeopathic migraine relief medicine that a small drugstore near me sells and as soon as hubby got home he got me some. I don't know if it was that or what but it helped the headache while at the same time keeping me up. all. night. GAH! So now my rest day will consist of me doing my best not to pass out from exhaustion.  I got about the same amount of sleep as I got when Thomas was a newborn - nothing.

16 days until my next Disney vacation.  Maybe I'll keep myself going today by putting together a packing list! I've also got some quotes to work on for some potential clients.  My Disney vacation planning business really coming along well and I'm LOVING helping so many people plan a magical trip!

I've been trying to figure out when and where I'm going to run while I'm in Disney. September in Disney is still pretty darn hot with highs in the 90s.  I'll have to plan to hit the pavement early.  I've found a great map online of a jogging map for the Epcot Resorts area. I will just have to fit it into our schedule. I'll hold off on the long runs for before and after vacation but get in the short runs in the morning.
Can't wait to get down to the Magic Kingdom a walk through those gates onto Main Street. This time I'll be looking at it a little differently. I'll be thinking about how in February I'll be RUNNING through those gates and down Main Street and through the Castle with a crowd of supporters. And I'll also be thinking about the fact that I'll need a good pair of sunglasses to hide the fact that I'll probably be crying the whole time!

No comments:

Post a Comment