Tuesday, September 7, 2010

This Jogger SUUUUCKS

I mean, look, it's great that I have this jogger and even better that I got it as a gift. But running with it is SO much harder than just running by myself. I feel like I'm going backwards when I'm trying to run with that thing. And I only have a 20 lb kid! I'm not looking forward to 1) him getting bigger and 2) winter time when he has to wear heavier clothes!

My 5k is coming up on Sunday and I'm getting a little nervous. I mean, I KNOW I can do the distance but I'm still at the point in my running career where I feel pretty tired during the first few miles. I'm hoping the excitement of being in my first race will make the time go by quickly. And, because I'm still a girl, I've already picked out what I'm going to wear. I'm planning on wearing the Land's End Compression Capris and this pink Nike running shirt that I got at the mall a few weeks ago. So I figure on a scale of 1-10, 1 being a lame lazy person and 10 being Usain Bolt, I'm like a 6 on the athletic ability spectrum - I'm 4 based on ability but an 8 based on looking good in my new running clothes so it brings me to a 6 on the total scale. 

We are planning on going to PA to visit my grandfather on Friday morning. We'll spend the night and head back on Saturday afternoon sometime. I reeeeeeeally don't want to go. He's 87 and a very kind man but it is SO boring being there. Plus, Thomas is not a fan of the fact that my grandfather keeps his thermostat set at 83 degrees. But if we don't go I will feel very guilty - so we have to go. I guess that means I won't do a long run this weekend but according to alot of the training plans, they tell you to put a race into your training schedule.

Tomorrow it's supposed to rain. No idea how or when I'll be able to get some running in. The plan says only 2 miles (only, ha) so at least it'll be a little easier...though with that darn jogger you never know.

Workout: 3.5 miles
Time: 40 minutes
Next up: 2 miles?

No comments:

Post a Comment