Thursday, September 9, 2010

No, I didn't slack off yesterday...

I just didn't get a chance to get on here and report my running :) Yesterday was awfully humid and I had no desire to run at all. There was a definite scare of rain too. But, we were having some work done on the house today and I needed to be out all day - I really had no excuse NOT to run! I brought along the rain cover to our other stroller (works the same, just doesn't stay put so well) but luckily wound up not needing it. The looming rainstorm never came but it was very humid so it made running feel a bit like wading through water. There is construction going on at Maritime now so I couldn't do the the laps that I like to do.

I'm becoming a little anal with my distances now.  It used to be that I just wanted to run for a certain amount of time, but with the half marathon being a set number of miles, I'm more focused on distance rather than time. So when I saw that I couldn't do my laps (which I know the exact distance of) I was pissed! I did my best to just run back and forth around the construction and ran for 36 minutes. When I finally got home at the end of the day I immediately went to MapMyRun to see what I'd done.  Turns out I did 3.1 miles! Ha! A 5k! Maybe my brain is getting ready for the race on Sunday?  I decided to get the MapMyRun App and see how well that works - supposedly it will track my distance for me. Well, that's assuming my iPhone's GPS works properly. I plan on testing out today on my run. The weather is in the 60s with a beautiful breeze. I better get off this computer and get going. I can hear Thomas in his crib yelling for me too. So much for the nice nap I hoped he'd take so I could catch up on the blog!

We are heading to PA tomorrow to see my 87 year old grandfather who unfortunately doesn't seem to be doing all that well. We really need to get down there but since I signed up for that race on Sunday (and totally didn't put the dates together) we can only stay for one night. At least we're getting down there. Only bad thing though is that I won't be able to run on Friday (tomorrow) since we'll be leaving first thing in the morning and I won't get out on Saturday either unless I run when we get home. I'm not sure a run the evening before the race is a good idea. So, what was supposed to be a rest day (today) will have to be a run day.

Workout (yesterday's): 3.1 miles
Time: 36 minutes
Next up (today): 3ish miles?
Next up (after today) 5k race on Sunday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment